Forty-nine people were rushed to the hospital from a Utah church after being poisoned by carbon monoxide, part 2.

Hyperbaric chambers are designed to heal the body by supplying the blood with pure oxygen at high air pressure levels, which can repair tissues.

Due to its lack of smell and flu-like symptoms, carbon monoxide poisoning can be hard to detect.

Curtis commented, "I've never seen it on this scale." He had encountered a number of lesser incidents of carbon monoxide poisoning during his time as a police officer, including a few that ended in fatalities.

The deaths of three males from Missouri were investigated last month, and investigators suspected carbon monoxide poisoning. The same gas was responsible for the deaths of three American guests at a Bahamian resort in May 2022.

Carbon monoxide poisoning is more likely in the winter, when temperatures drop and heating systems are on all the time, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Various equipment, including automobiles heated in garages, stoves, lanterns, portable generators, furnaces, and more, can release fumes containing carbon monoxide, as reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). People and animals alike are at risk of death if the gas accumulates in confined areas.

Headaches, vertigo, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest discomfort, and disorientation are all symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the CDC. Poisoning can kill people even before they notice any symptoms, which can happen to individuals who are asleep or who have consumed alcohol.

In order to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suggests the following safety tips:

Watch this space for further developments.